Agroforestry – Badajoz (Spain)
The Badajoz “PREPSOIL Regional Soil Needs Workshop” takes place on the 13th of April, 2023. This workshop aims to debate on the state of soil health in the Dehesa (wooded pasturelands) and the Living Lab as a tool for the future. It will take place at Finca La Cocosa, in Badajoz (Spain). The Dehesa land is one of the largest agroforestry systems in Europe, covering around 3.5 million hectares of the south-western Iberian Peninsula. In "PREPSOIL Soil Threats in Europe in Spain" section, it is described the main threats faced by Dehesa lands.
The aim of the workshop is to engage with the local community and understand the main agroforestry soil needs of the region (NUT2 ES43) from their own perspective. The event will be organised in Spanish.
Topics to be discussed
- Challenges in the soil health of the Dehesa
- Relation between carbon capture and soil health
- LLs as a tool for the future soil health of the Dehesa
Dehesa related: private sector, academia, researchers and policy makers.
Request permission to attend to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10:45 – 11:00 Welcome Coffee
- 11:00 – 11:05 WORKSHOP INTRODUCTION - Mayte Gallego, Fundecyt-Pctex
- 11:05 – 11:15 THE SOIL MISSION AND THE PREPSOIL PROJECT - Pablo Gómez, CSIC-INIA
- 11:15 – 11:45 PRELIMINARY ANALYSIS OF THREATS/NEEDS IDENTIFIED ON THE DEHESA SOIL - Manuel Pulido, University of Extremadura
- 11:45 – 12:15 SOIL HEALTH AND CARBON SEQUESTRATION - Gerardo Moreno, University of Extremadura
- 12:15 – 12:45 THE LIVING LAB AS A TOOL FOR THE FUTURE OF THE DEHESA - Irene Palomino, FUNDECYT-PCTEX
- 12: 45 – 13:00 OTHER PROJECTS RELATED TO THE SOIL HEALTH
- HUMUS, Irene Palomino, Fundecyt-Pctex
- NATI00NS, Concha Civantos, Fundecyt-Pctex
- ECHO, Universidad de Extremadura
13:00 – 14:00 Open debate on PROPOSALS FOR A MORE SUSTAINABLE FUTURE FOR THE DEHESA THROUGH SOIL HEALTH - Moderador: Cristina Gallardo, Fundecyt-Pctex
14:00 – 14:15 CONCLUSIONS
14:15 Networking Lunch
See below the photo gallery (kindly provided by the local organizer)
Watch the video below (produced by Fundecyt-Pctex)