Urban Soils – Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
The Amsterdam “PREPSOIL Regional Soil Needs Workshop” takes place on the 20th of April, 2023. This workshop aims to understand the most urgent soil needs in urban land of the NL329 Greater Amsterdam region. It will take place at Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions. The event will be organised in Dutch.
The goal of the workshop is to discuss the tasks, wishes, needs and measures to make the soil in Amsterdam (again) healthier and to create a joint vision for the future.
Topics to be discussed
- What are the most important drivers and pressures in urban soil system?
- How do these change the state of the system and what impact does this have on the soil?
- Which responses should be implemented?
- Future visions for the region from different perspectives
- Collective future vision for Amsterdam
Diverse stakeholders with a vision for the soil in Amsterdam, namely local authorities, researchers, citizens, ecologists
Request permission to attend to: email@example.com
- 1:00 pm Walk-in with coffee / tea
- 13:15 Word of welcome
- 13:20 Introduction and background : EU Soil Mission and PREPSOIL
- 13:30 Introduction of soil needs in Amsterdam
- 13:45 First round of additions and questions following presentation
- 14:10 Group brainstorm 1: Future visions for the region
- 14:40 Coffee and tea
- 15:00 Group brainstorm 2: Tasks and opportunities for sustainable soil use
- 15:30 Feedback and discussion about future visions
- 16:00 Conclusions and wrap up of the session 4:30 pm Closing
Read the blogpost about this event
See below the photo gallery (kindly provided by the local organizer)