NEW DEADLINE Open till 31st January 2024 - Apply to the 2nd PREPSOIL Call for Best Teaching Practices for Healthy Soils
6, November, 2023· 2 min read
For the second time, PREPSOIL project offers you a unique opportunity to spread good teaching practices, give visibility to your work and inspire younger generations on how to take good care of soils in our land.
A total of 10 stories will be selected, from which 5 will represent kindergarten & primary schools, while the remaining 5 will represent secondary school/vocational training. A total of 4 winners (2 from each category) 2 winners and 2 runners-up from each category will be awarded.
The PREPSOIL project facilitates the deployment of “A Soil Deal for Europe” across Europe, by reaching a wide range of actors across Europe, rather Soil Educators. The “Call for Good Examples of Soil Education” aims to identify and promote best practices of youth soil education, training and co-learning in soil health, as well as connecting and promoting exemplary soil health education practices, to increase understanding of soils by the public at large.
Ten teaching practices, received during the 1st call launched in late 2022 and closed in 2023, are listed PREPSOIL website. The aim of promoting these examples is to inspire teachers all over Europe to put soil and soil health in a more prominent place in their pedagogic work plans.
Discover the 3 winners of the 1st PREPSOIL Best Teaching Practices Call
Do you have good teaching practices to share from your experience with primary and secondary school pupils on soil health? How do you really capture their attention on how important it is to take good care of our soils? Do you use innovative techniques that you would like to share with your peers throughout the rest of Europe to help children become better “soil caretakers”?
Who can apply?
Primary and Secondary School Teaching Professionals, as well as other organisations, municipalities and any other actors providing outreach activities in the subject that specifically target these groups of young students. Applications from all European countries are welcome. In case you had applied for the PREPSOIL 1st Call, and were not selected to be listed in the PREPSOIL website, you can send your application again.
Why should I submit?
- Get a PREPSOIL Diploma & obtain recognition as a good example of soil education and how you are supporting the transition towards healthy soil in the future;
- Showcase your teaching practice at a regional/national/international level (to be agreed upon with the selected winners);
- Promote your soil pedagogy practices around Europe through PREPSOIL channels (website, newsletters, events, videos, amongst others);
- Have a chance to be officially rewarded and recognised as an actor in the frontline of “soil education”;
- Inspire others to become active agents on soil sustainability, as soil is the basis of life.
Requirements of your “Soil Education Good Example”
- Target Age of students: this can range from 6 to 20 years old, from primary to secondary education;
- Style: the activity can be a work in practice on issues concerning soils, a theoretical work such as a creative lectures series on soils, an art activity around soils, or a combination of the former;
- Maximum 2 pages (A4)
- Educational Materials: the activity cannot consist solely of a book, a movie, a website or a game. However, these can be part of the materials prepared by the soil educator;
- Pictures: the submission of pictures are welcome, but not mandatory. Please note that should your pictures include people that can be identified, we cannot publish them without their permission.
How do I submit my “Good Example”?
We invite candidates to submit their application in English. For candidates from Italy, Norway, The Netherlands, Poland, Spain and Sweden, we welcome you to use the webform available in the respective native language.